About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgivng Pilgrims


Today I was thinking about that first Thanksgiving remembering the need to be grateful for what
I have.

I thought back to when the Pilgrims landed in 1620 at Plymouth Rock.   From what I have
read about the Pilgrims they didn't have much, I am sure they had many hardships.
 Yet they still believed in gratitude for all they had and that God had brought them ~~thus far~~.

I wonder what they really ate and feasted on that first Thanksgiving? I am sure it
would not compare to the feast we have but yet they gave Thanks !

Wonder if they had more than one  change of clothes or just what they wore that day?
Sure not the many clothes we have today and say from time to time "I don't have nothing to wear"

Wonder how warm and cozy they were during those cold days and nights?  Sure not warm and cozy
like we have and that I woke to this morning .

We know that with the little they had they gave thanks .

I know we can easily forget to be thankful for whatever we have, even if our life isn't all that we think it should be.
We Must remember the word alone does nothing if we don't ~~Stop and give thanks~~.for each day
that GOD has allowed us.


I have found each night when doing my devotions that I list twenty things to give thanks to
God .In giving thanks I have found it makes this gal happy !

Psalms 136

Glenna






No comments:

Post a Comment