About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving ~~Thursday Nov 24 1977


Thursday Thanksgiving November the 24th 1977, is a most memorable
yet bitter sweet Thanksgiving.
My Dad was big on all the holidays wanting all his family to be
home and together during any holiday.

On this Thanksgiving I had to work at my new job.   I was sad that I couldn't
be with all my family to enjoy the meal and fun of just being with each other.

Around noon my dad walks though the door with the plate in his
hand saying , you couldn't be with us and I just had to bring your dinner to you.
He then says there is something special just for you on your plate I can see his sweet smiling
face as I unwrapped my plate to see what was special ,  sure enough
 he had went to the garden got me a couple of
turnips peeled them and had them on my plate as a special treat from him.
My dad and I was the only two that loved raw turnips everyone else liked them cooked.
I am so thankful for this special treat that he fixed just for me .

Now the bitter and oh so bitter part that still after all these years
 brings tears to my eyes as I recall this now is he left earth for heaven .



No comments:

Post a Comment