About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Thursday, June 28, 2012

A humingbirds thank you

Some people Think animals cant communicate with humans.


I on the other hand feel differently , each animal

has its own way of letting us know how they feel

this is the story of a hummingbirds thank you.



It was a beautiful sunny morning in early April,

my husband Chuck and I had decided to have our morning coffee out on the front porch.

Our white rocking chairs seemed to be the perfect sitting for this morning.

"Nice out here isn't it", as Chuck  sit down.



"Of course" I reply there is nothing any better than a warm sunny

morning in God's beautiful world to enjoy.



Just as I spoke I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see

a hummingbird coming up to the front porch . "well I thought to myself" this is early

for the hummingbirds to be coming out.



Chuck  do you remember where the feeders are for the hummingbirds? It must be time to put them out, Chuck  replied "they are in the garage"



Don't you think its Early for them I asked. Chuck  replied "yes, Glenna I think it really is"



The previous year I put the hummingbird feeders on the porch close to where I sit each

morning. One of the highlights of my morning was to watch them flit in and out as they sipped

the colorful nectar, that I had put out for them. It never ceased to amaze me as to how

they fly forward and backward with such ease and beauty. I loved it !



On this particular morning , I noticed the hummingbird coming to the exact spot where the

feeder had been the year before.

that seems strange I thought to myself.



Chuck  do you think one of these hummingbirds could be one of the hummingbirds that fed here

last year He replied "it sure appears that it is"



The hummingbird flew up close to me and flitted back to where the feeder had been last year , he did this a couple of times .

"watch this hummingbird Chuck" I think he is trying to remind me about the feeders , he flies

to me and back to where the feeder was before , I said he's trying to tell me something.

"Glenna hummingbirds don't talk " Chuck  said emphatically.



I feel like he is telling me about the feeders you know the old saying actions

speak louder thank words, "I replied" as I got up and went to the garage to find

the feeder.



when I returned to the front porch the bird flew again toward me and back to the

spot.



"Look at this he has to be asking for food, why else would he be flying the same pattern

over and over I questioned.



I had to leave the porch again to get the liquid mixture to fill the feeder.

When I returned I hung it in the exact same spot as it had been the year before.



Just as soon as I sit down in the rocking chair the hummingbird came and drank

back and forth , back and forth, until he seemed satisfied, then to my amazement

he flew in front of me in and out, in and out several times.



In my opinion that hummingbird was saying Thank you for the food in the only

way he could by his flight toward me.



Do hummingbirds remember from one year to the next?

Can Hummingbirds communicate by their actions ?



God made an amazing world in my opinion he gave animals a way to communicate with humans.



Thank you God for your beautiful world and for the gorgeous tiny creatures who seem to speak though their fantastic actions.



(My sister Gaye helped me to write this as this is a true story of my little sweet  hummingbird)
also my sister needs a blog spot......












1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story! I do believe that hummingbird was trying to tell you to get his "chow." Don't you just love hummingbirds? I do! Thanks for sharing.Hope you have many, many sweet mornings on that porch, watching God's truly amazing hummers. Susan

    ReplyDelete