About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Potter and the clay

THE POTTER AND THE CLAY
Jeremiah 18: 1-6
Romans 9:21
Isaiah 64:8,9 KJV

Jeremiah 18:1-6
The Potter and the Clay


1 The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying: 2 “Arise and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear My words.” 3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. 4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.

5 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: 6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel!



I want you to remember in writing I am a heart writer not a correct writer.

I have started to write this several times but I just go on to something else and ever time
I come to my blog spot ...I hear I am the POTTER and you are the Clay. I had to search
to see just how the potter worked . I learned before the process of being put on the potters
wheel , the potter has to work the clay some before he throws it on the wheel


 
In thinking of the Potter and the clay. how The potter works, adding water, as he holds onto the clay never letting go, then when finished he cuts away the bad piece that is at the bottom as you can see from the video below






While watching this I have thought as to how GOD holds on to us molding at the same time he adds and shapes yet he never lets go Thur the whole process

The master workman, the potter, takes a lump of clay and he cuts it into small pieces. And he crushes it together on the bench, and cuts it, and crushes it together again and again until all the bubbles or lumps have been removed. Then he takes a lump of the thus-prepared clay and throws it in the center of the wheel so that it sticks fast, revolving with the wheel. As the wheel spins his deft fingers caress and mold it, first without and then within, until Jeremiah sees a vessel of beauty emerging from the unpromising clay.



What is the interpretation of the sign? Who is the potter? Well you know that the potter, of course, is God Himself. What are the wheels and what is the clay? Who but God Himself could be the counterpart of this potter? In Isaiah 64:8 we read, "But now, O LORD, thou art our Father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand."





Glad I know the Potter and GOD know this piece of clay

2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful and well written. I loved your confession of being a heart writer rather than a correct one. I think that is exactly what we ought to be.

    ReplyDelete