About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Neighbors

Thinking on neighbors last night brought back a flood of memories
I have been blessed with great neighbors from my childhood up .
Growing up in Allen was a great little place while going back in my mind to
the neighbors and how they would come to sit on our porch for a visit memories came
flooding back
Granny and Mr Snodgrass were our next door neighbors such sweet couple Mr Snodgrass ran the Insurance agency , when he would come home for lunch I can see Granny now giving him a white bib so he would not get his white shirt and tie stained . I used to think why in the world would granny give him a bib he was a older man , looking back it kept her from trying to get stains out of those pretty ever so white dress shirts .
Granny had to be the sweetest old lady I can remember going over and sitting on her porch and asking as a child to play with the flab on her arm (I know that is weird now but I loved it then)
Neighbors on the other side were Clarence and Fannie Salyers he ran Standard oil and Fannie such a talented lady had a craft shop and would quilt, crochet, and knit . Visiting she taught me how to knit and she made clothes for my barbie dolls I still have the clothes and the barbies with the exception to the first Ken Doll my brother loved me so much he bit his feet off guess he really didn't love me much that day ! This will be another blog on all the things my brother and I got into .
Now to Bennie and Gretchen they ran the little grocery store -restaurant- Post office , yes Old Allen had a post office years ago . the store was the hang out for most everyone at some point in their life it was on the little corner and everyone came by to sit .
Missy being their granddaughter we visited them at home and store way to much for them I am sure getting boxes from their store to make our lemonade stands/
We would sit the stand up in my yard or at the top of the hill near the bridge trying to make us some money I remember this one time our stand was at my house and we had one cup left as I am sure Missy and I had drank most of the lemonade our self .
I had little dog so we just let him drink some out of our last cup .....now here is something .........along comes a nice older gentleman he says he will take a cup and of course Missy and I know that the only cup left was the one the dog has lapped his lemonade up in so kids being kids we sale the gentleman a glass of lemonade and use the cup the dog has just used I sure hope that gentleman didn't really drink that lemonade .

No comments:

Post a Comment