About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Friday, May 7, 2010

Conversation Peace !!!! (the Tonuge)

I started April 8, a women's bible study on the TONGUE Oh what a dangerous part of our body this is !!
The first week I knew right off the bat that this was going to be a Study that would really step on my toes, since I love to talk and admit I like to hear Gossip.
James tells us that what we talk is where we will walk also in James 3 :5-6 tell us
the tongue being a little member and boasteth great things Behold how great a matter a little fire kindleth and the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity so is the tongue among our member's that it defileth the whole body and setteth on fire the course of nature and it sit om fire of hell.
Going into week five I have found that I daily need to dig deep into my heart and clean out all the bad so my tongue will be what GOD would have be .
Here are a few questions we had to answer each as Never, Seldon , Occasionally, often and Habitually
1. Do you Gossip ? I had to say often ....this hurt
2. Do you slander? Do you say things behild their back that you would not say to their faces?
my answer ...seldom I will pretty much tell you what I have said
3. Do you nag? I said seldom (my husband said yes :) that I do )
4. Do you meddle ? do you try to referee arguments or act as a go between ? I said Occasionally
5. Do you brag? The only way I think I brag is to say I am blessed and thats bragging on JESUS and I should do that more and more with each day
6. Do you Lie? are you less than truthful? I may joking say something but to lie I sure try not to
7. Are you quarrelsome? do you feel the need to be proved right or to have the last word? and I had to answer often
8. Do you respond in anger? are you hot tempted or defensive ? another often for me
9. Do you talk to much? do you babble ? do you spend a lot of time on he phone or chat rooms? oh I had to say habitually .
10. Are you reluctant to admit you are wrong? do you fail to ask forgiveness? answer seldom
11. Do you betray confidence? do you repeat matters you should keep private? its never I can keep a secret
12. Do you Criticize? do you find fault? and my answer was occasionally
13. Do you complain ? seldom was my answer but my husband says more than seldom
14. Do you make assumptions and assume the worst about other peoples motives and I had to say often
15. Do you hold Grudges? occasionally
16. Are you sarcastic? do you mock others? Do you use negative humor to put others down? and yes occasionally I do
17. Are you malicious do you words mean to cut or wound ? occasionally
18. Are you insincere in you compliments ? do you flatter others for your own advantage? O can said never if I compliment you I mean it
19. Is your speech filthy ? do you swear or use four language ? my answer never
20. Do you fail to listen ? Do you jump to conclusions before you are sure that you have heard and understand ? seldom

Now I had to look back over my answers and circle the number that need improvement and I sure do need improvement ....

I will continue this as I finish the study ...its sure been hard on this gal !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment