About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Big Brother

My brother David just look at that big smile on his face he always had it !
I cant even begin to comprehend how big that smile is in heaven today .
For almost fifty two years I was given this big smile every time I saw him with that big hug and I love you Kaye


This saying has hung over their door for many years and its so true of him and Nancy ~~ enter as strangers leave as friends ~~.
That is just the way he lived not only at home but where ever you saw him it was a instant friendship .(I saw all those friendships come from near and far to share stories of how he gave of himself too all)
As I entered into sales he would give me a lot of pointers as we discussed sales alot , sitting on his porch or where ever we were it always seemed to come up as we both shared that love for being around people.
I think back to Woodman having put in the Floyd county times " David was their six million dollar man" along with a picture of him with that big smile.
I was told by one of his co workers David could said a comb to a bald man !! this made me smile as many stories were shared with me
David loved kids and every Christmas eve I cant tell you the kids he played Santa to each year going to their home bringing in presents his friend Tom shared this story that his kids had told him Dad it was David that was Santa David ,so the next year he told Tom I can fix that my Dave being so kind he got my brother Lowell to dress up as Santa. David went in first and Santa came in later , Tom said that his boys said well Dad it cant be David it must be Santa ..just that extra step he took showed how much he cared.
After my parents passed away family Christmas was always at David and Nancy's home with him carrying on the traditions that my dad did every year , it was cases of each fruit , red apples, yellow apples, green apples, grapes ,bananas, oranges, tangerines nuts, cases of almond joys, resses cups, mounds,milky ways etc.
when we got sick he sent Nancy to pick up this truck load of things that he had for each of us when we left ..it was now don't forgot to go to the basement and fill the bags he had along with a gift for each family. I couldn't make it last Christmas due to the snow and how I missed not being with my family at Christmas.
I will never forget August the 8Th 2010 the last time I was at his house as he told me each time I left I love you , come when you can and Kaye you always got a home here Joking I said OK I will be back tomorrow as I did each time he said that ............................
I have been blessed to have had Dave as my Big Brother
I have to add that I have been blessed with six brothers and two sisters as well


As the saying goes you can pick your friends but GOD picks your family ...GOD sure does love me with for the family he has given me !!!THANK YOU LORD for my family

Also I wanted to add this that was from his niece she says it well about her Uncle Dave .

Uncle Dave...When I think of you, I think of big jolly laugh and a giving heart. Since I was little girl, I can always remember how you would tell a story with so much excitement that I would stop what I was doing, listen, and just wait for the laugh. The big deep laugh that would just make everyone else feel happy inside. Every holiday you were always giving and providing to others and never expecting anything for yourself. I remember cheese, sausage, crackers, fruit, candy....there was always something for each family to take home and share because of you and Aunt Nancy's generosity. Ever since I can remember you always made me smile by giving of yourself and sharing your joy in the world. Our lives will never be the same without hearing those laughs. Those laughs are in another place now. I know that you are laughing and jumping and running with no pain right now with Jesus and Kim and Bill. Saying goodbye to you here hurts terribly, but I take peace in knowing that there will come a day when we will all be together again.


THAT'S MY DAVE ...................




2 comments:

  1. Glenna, this is beautiful> So well written. He played Santa to Jayneanne in 1983 and she cried and cried. He laughed so hard you could see him shaking in the suit and Daddy was jumping around like a frog trying to get her to laugh. She was only 10 months old. So funny to see. David was a wonderful man and you all are wonderful people. I have always thought of you all as family too.
    Love, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I am so sorry for your loss that words can not express.

    LAUGHter is amazing!!! There is something about it that is contagious especially when it comes from a man with a good heart who loved people.

    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete