About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Remembered (4)


Christmas Memories I cherish each one .

This Christmas as with each and every Christmas, I recall the love
my dad had for Christmas, from taking us to pick the perfect tree out in the woods,
to putting up the lights outside, buying cases of fresh fruit , nuts and candy.

First thinking about our beauitful big wonderful smelling  Christmas tree , we decorated with these beautiful
glass ornaments  ( Mother would say be careful not to break these) , the big thick silver rope, multicolored lights, the star sitting on top.
and lots of Icicles, my mother loved the trees to be covered with icicles . My job
was to water the tree each night ,  I loved crawling up under that big beautiful green
tree  and watering it each night,.the sitting there looking at all those bright beautiful
Red, Green, Yellow , white and Blue lights .

My dad and I would put the lights up outside all around the porch , better yet
I just mostly was in the way I am sure as he was climbing up the ladder tacking them up with
such ease and then I got to turn the lights on ............Beautiful !!

The smell of Christmas floods my mind , I can smell all that wonderful
fresh fruit , Those big Oranges , tangerines, Apple, Grapes, they just smell
better at Christmas. Even now they have the better smell .
My dad shared with everyone near as he would buy many cases of each
our stocking were hung up to be filled with Fruit on Christmas morning .

I better run to the store and get some of the good Smelling
Fruits ...


Hoping others will share their memories as well

Glenna

No comments:

Post a Comment