About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Christmas Remembered (1)


I stepped out of the car in my home town  last week to have my mind travel back in time,
                                                    Christmas 1974.

Standing in front of this window in 1974 I saw this beautiful white gold ,  sparkling Opal surrounded by diamonds ring .
I go  in try the ring on it was  the most beautiful ring,  I had found  what I wanted
for Christmas.
At home that evening I run in all excited as I had found what I just had to have,  telling my dad and mother that I had found what I wanted for Christmas, the Opal and Diamond ring and where it was
.Every day  walking up town I would stop and look at this Opal and Diamond
ring in the window standing there , wishing, hoping I would get this from my parents .
A few weeks before Christmas Standing looking in this window again ,the Opal and Diamond
ring I so wanted was gone. I go in and ask about  the Opal and Diamond ring that was in the window
do you still have it ? the answer came "no ,we sold the only one we had the other day "  My heart
sank.
That evening I go home upset  and tell my parents that I went by the store and the ring is gone and they
cant get another one .  I wanted this ring so bad .   My dad says "Sorry I guess someone bought it for their Christmas "  Still upset I tell them I cant believe that you would let someone else buy the ring , my dad again shrugging his shoulders as if to say sorry ......
Christmas eve opening gifts I was in shock when I opened one and there right before my eyes
I held in my hand the Opal and Diamond ring that I had so wanted , it was and still is beautiful
as you can see below in the picture .


I cherish this memory and the store window that brought it all back as though I was standing there
wanting this ring again .
Thankful for the parents that made this and many others sweet memories ..................

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful memory...One to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Kay K, that was such a nice story. That was a most heartfelt memory....your parents knew how badly you wanted that ring!

    Thanks for sharing and have a peaceful and blessed holiday. And wear that ring! Susan

    ReplyDelete