About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Remembered (2)



This Christmas memory would have been early 1960's
To be exact I think the year was 1962
that was the year for the doll with the red dress

I  remember asking for this gift ,
Back in my day it was Alden's
Catalogs to look through
for Christmas.


I can see me sitting looking at those big Alden's Christmas catalogs
on the couch with my mother , showing her what I wanted
I also think they were advertised on the Tv.
I received my doll  from Santa , the Chatty Cathy doll , its talked
just like me !
Chatty Cathy was the most gorgeous doll ever
she said elven different things  by pulling the string
" I love you.

Do you love me

Please brush my hair.

What can we do now

Please change my dress

Give me a kiss.

I'm so tired

Lets have a party

Please take me with you

Lets play school

May I have a cookie



I received this doll and something happened ~~~it would not talk ~~~ My mother  called the company telling them of chatty not being so Chatty as she made this call I stood right beside her in our dinning room holding on to her apron waiting to see what we could do for my new doll
Mother said we will
have to send her  back to the Toy Store to be fixed . Ok I said so sadly .
I said goodbye and Chatty we will get you fixed as we boxed her up
I think as a four year old I am sure I cried for Chatty to hurry back
The sad thing is I dont remember getting her back .

Who out there in blog land got their own Chatty Cathy ?



No comments:

Post a Comment