About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jan 1 2012

Its sure hard to believe that 2012 is here !
Today being New years day and me being
a stickler for traditions.
Its the day to take down the trees, put away all the Christmas decorations
and the day that every since I have been born I know that there has been
Cabbage at our house growing up on New Years and I have continued it
to our house
I have to cook cabbage, potatoes, onions and corned beef  which makes
a really nice dish
Growing up my mother always fixed cooked cabbage on New Years day.
When I married my husband ,he grew up with the tradition of having
black eyed peas, and hog jowl ,so for the last 23 years
I have fixed all three which has now become our tradition
All these many years and still I haven't researched why
we have these items of cabbage, hog jowl and black eyed peas
If any of you bloggers know the reason why we do this leave me a comment
also tell me what your traditions are as well .

Wishing each one a Happy New Year
Glenna

No comments:

Post a Comment