About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Friday, May 20, 2011

Journey of Faith Fridays

This weekend has been one of mixed emotions
Happiness and Sadness
I had struggled with it Saturday and Sunday
as I was out of town to be
with family to celebrate
the Wedding of my Nephew
which was the happiness.

 Sunday going  to my home
church for many years was happy
but yet sad as it was  mothers day
I  had struggled looking at pictures taken
on Saturday with some of my family missing since last
year due to being called home .

Last night as I was praying , crying , thinking about
my loved ones
asking GOD for something
I had heard others talk of
I smelled the most wonderful smell
the sweetest smell ever
to the right side of where I was
I would turn to the left  there was no smell
back to the right the sweetest of sweet smells
I have ever smelled and there is nothing on the right of me
that could be this smell
so I turn
back to the left side again  no smell
then back again to the right side
again the sweetest smell as I am still trying to figure out what it is
then it hit me !!!!
I have heard others say that there is a sweet smell of the
 Holy Spirit
I now fell that it was that sweet smell of the Holy Spirit  that was telling me 
I am here to comfort you 
at this point I felt comforted  
After a short period of time the sweet smell left
I am in awww of the sweet smell
feeling truly blessed to have experienced
this smell
I have looked up some scripture on this

Philippians 4:17-18 (New International Version)

       17 Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account.
     18 I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.


2 Corinthians 2:14-17 (New International Version)


14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.


Have any of you ever experienced this smell If so I would love to hear about it , as Words cant describe the sweetness that  I smelled last night !.............

Glenna

(This was wrote the weekend of Mothers day , I felt this was a good place to share )

 I am linking up with Amber at Journey of Faith Fridays
Share you faith with us by clicking on the link below
Thanks Amber for allowing us to share with others our Journey

Amber's Articles

No comments:

Post a Comment