About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Memories #1

Today I was thinking how my parents would take me to church as a child
those all day meetings and dinner on the grounds , days like this I now cherish
those memories
Recalling how there was no Air conditioner in the 60's,  how as kids we would
just have to go outside.   I can still hear my Aunt  along with others singing with no need for a
microphone you could hear those  sweet voices for a long distance
As kids we would get thirsty,  this church had a big old silver water pitcher attached to the side
would be one of those silver water dippers who knows maybe a hundred or more had drank from the
dipper ....amazing that none of us got sick ....Now that is something we sure wouldn't  dare do today
no one in the late 60's or early 70's thought the first thing about not drinking from it.
I am so blessed to have grown up in the area that I did , the church's that we attended
those good old memories .
I hope to share a different memory of my growing up each week
Hope others will share their memories from the past


Bring out some of those good old memories


Blessings
Glenna

No comments:

Post a Comment