About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The week of thanksgiving

The week of thanksgiving is a bitter sweet week for me and has been
for some 35 years.
This week holds such precious memories of growing up with a big family
Mother always did the cooking , looking back now I don't see how she cooked
for so many,  nine children the husbands and wives and grand kids , I find it hard
to cook for just me and my husband.
I remember seeing her fixing the pies, cakes,and that famous big jar of
fruit salad I have never tasted one like hers how I wish I would have watched
and learned all about how she cooked
Then the last thanksgiving with my Dad he had went to the garden and got me and him
some fresh turnips , peeled and sliced just the way Dad and I loved them , since that day
I have never been able to eat them ,  maybe due to savoring the memories of the special touch
he added to that last thanksgiving , as a few days later he had gone to heaven and he went on my
birthday.
This year my brother wont be here as he and I loved pumpkin rolls his wife made,  last year he  called to say
if you are not coming to get this last bit I have saved for you I am eating it , I said go on and eat it and enjoy it for me as I am sure he did . I can see us gathered around in a circle at his house as he always said the blessing over the food ~~it brings me to tears , to know he wont be here to enjoy his pumpkin rolls
                                                          HOWEVER
 ~~I know beyond a shadow of doubt that  my family is feasting on the heavenly food ~~

My family I sure do miss them but heaven is sweeter with them there
May each one have a Happy Thanksgiving and cherish the ones you have
to share this day with

Glenna


No comments:

Post a Comment