About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Simple Pleasure Thursday DEc 16 2010

My simple pleasure
this week is one of cherished memories
The picture below shows
My mother and me in the smaller one
the bigger picture is of my mother and her sister
and of course the little blonde is me
My mother has been in heaven for
the past 28 years
so each time I pass this picture
I stop and think of those wonderful memories of a GODLY mother
to the right of the picture is a Avon
Roses, Roses powder,
this is one of the powders she wore 
 so I stop
and smell this bottle of
powders
Its like I  can smell my  mother and feel her love
 its all about the little
bottle of  pink powders and how
its such a simple  ~wonderful ~ most treasured pleasure
on any day to stop in this bedroom
and smell those Roses and feel
my mothers presence
what a simple pleasure
for me
It like GOLD  to me stored in a vault of
memories


You too can join us at simple pleasures by clicking the link below
Thanks so much to Dayle for allowing us to have this Simple Pleasure Thursday Party !!

http://alittleofthisandthat2.blogspot.com/



Just remember I am always a heart writer so that means I am not
correct in the way I write .I just ask that you over look the bad grammar
May you feel refreshed in Christ's love each day !!

Glenna



14 comments:

  1. Oh .... that is lovely.

    Happy Holidays!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful way to remember your mother. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful simple pleasure...And something that warms your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenna, this made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Such a sweet simple pleasure. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This hits home for me. I lost my sweet mother 7 years ago and it is so nice to have certain items that remind me of her. Blessings to you and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Glenna. What great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful -- I have a shirt of my grandmothers that is sealed in a ziploc bag. Every so often, I'll take it out and smell it. I'm transported back into her arms every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just beautiful. I'm so glad for you that you have not only the picture but that wonderful fragrance to share as you remember your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenna that is so beautiful. I understand. How precious are the things which unite us to dear ones! I have similar Avon things from my MIL who passed away 11 years ago. The fragrances make her seem closer for me too :-)
    joy in Christ..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treasure. I have several photos that are great memory triggers. Your mention of fragrance reminded me of the Jean Nate fragrance my great grandmother always kept in her bathroom. I loved that scent! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so beautiful - what a tribute to your Mom's love that she is always with you in her fragrance. May you have a blessed Christmas with you and your family.


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful. I keep a photo of my Mother beside my bed and always look at it and treasure the memories that flood back. A sweet simple pleasure. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this relationship you have with your Mum. Death does not take the wonders of love given and received.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't that wonderful how a smell can bring back cherished memories?

    I have an old jar of Dippity Do hair setting gel that reminds me of my grandmother's house. It was hers.

    ReplyDelete