About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lent 2011

                                                                 LENT  2011

Many of you may not participate in Lent , I have for many years and many years I have failed
I just couldn't seem to give up whatever it was. 
The last six or so years I have been able to sustain from whatever I had chose to give up, I am not saying by any means has it ever been easy .

With each year that I have been successful I have found that closer walk , the year I gave up Sodas   I drank 6 or so diet sodas a day I could  not pass a soda machine that I didn't think of the Sacrifice JESUS made just for me , most days I  still  have to tell someone about that experience .

The year I gave up Candy I remember being in line at a check out in Wal Mart being surrounded by all
those candy bars and the Lord spoke to me during my wait in line an said that I am so much sweeter than the candy  I give to you the sweetest of the Holy Spirit ,  as I stood I thanked GOD for the sweetest of his spirit

This year I have gave up all potatoes and yes its been hard as I have fixed baked potatoes, Mashed Potatoes for my husband , Just yesterday I brought him home some tater tots he had wanted and for that second I thought I would have just one  then I remember That I am giving them up and I have not long to go
GOD has been speaking to me about the eye of the potato so I have thought about this and what the eye is for in a potato
God I hear him saying to me its all about the eye ~~~new growth~~~~

Potato "eyes" are buds that will start the growth of a new plant. If you leave a potato in


your pantry for a few weeks you will see the new growth begin. You can cut the potato into

sections, each with an eye, and each will grow a new potato plant.

With the eye we can produce more potatoes,
The eye is what germinates into a new potato plant or the roots of a new potato plant.
The potato "eyes" are new roots beginning to grow from the potato

GOD can take the sprouts  of us and make something beautiful  for him  He can  make us New, Refreshed
Knowing this his eye is always on us helping us to grow . to sprout to newer heights , deeper rooted in the faith .

Thank you Lord that your eye is always on me watching out for this Child of  yours that loves you
so , and yet messes up  each day I thank you for your forgiveness

Blessings to all
May you have a wonderful renewed Easter week
Glenna

No comments:

Post a Comment