About Me

My photo
United States
First let me say that I am a born again christian and try to follow what JESUS would have me do ..I fail him daily, yet he picks me up and says try again my child !!!! knowing that he is closer to me than the air I breathe !that I am just dust designed by my Redeemer!! Remember when reading my blogs they are not wrote correct but from the heart ! I need lessons in writing correctly and making these interesting. I grew up in a small town and everyone knowing my family to come to a state with my husband that I knew almost no one I will say after 23 years its still hard ...I love to go back to KY as its where most of my family are I come from a large family of 9 me being the 9th ... Some of my interest are Genealogy , Landscaping, photography , love watching HGTV and now learning to Blog Again keep in mind all my posts are from the heart.. I love to laugh love being around good old friends and family I want enjoy each day as each day is a gift from the Master Creator !! my motto is I remain 29 forever !!!!! :)

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lent 2009

LENT and giving up soda's by Glenna Marcum-Reynolds on Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 11:30am


I just wanted to write a little bit about Lent  this year as most of you know it started
Feb.25 and I choose something this year that has been the hardest for me I have gave up all soda's (which I drank 6 to 8 diet ones a day )and so far so good
with this choice I didn't know that every time I passed a Soda Machine, Carton of Soda or looked in my Fridge, just how much I would be reminded of the sacrifice and the Forty days that JESUS was in the wilderness praying ,each time I have just said  thank you JESUS for the ultimate sacrifice you gave just for me
In years past I have given up different things but this year it truly has been a hard one and I have about 15 more days to go so for the next fifteen days I know it will be just as hard if not harder as it was this past Friday I went to Subway ordered a drink and looked at the soda machine and thought OH NO , NO water how tempting this was for me , then I looked a little closer and saw the water tab and on this day I had to look a little closer at my walk and how I can be seen as a better witness for CHRIST .. you see the drinks were all labeled bright and pretty very appealing to the eye and the water that was  so pure was such a   small tab not bright didn't stand out like the others ..the purest item on the drinks was almost not seen
this made me think how we as Christian should stand out and be Bright not dull or stay
hidden
I just wanted to share this experience thus far ....



( I had posted this on facebook in 2009 and wanted to share this with blogspot. )

Blessings to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment